Good lens even on D600

Started Nov 19, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Summi Luchs New Member • Posts: 6
Good lens even on D600

I have this lens in Nikon mount since a couple of years (the older version w/o focus motor, focussed faster on bodies with screw-drive mechanism than the built-in motor). On APS-C its optical quality was very good but due to its not so attractive zoom range I didn't use it very much in the last years. Now I have changed to full frame and gave it a try on the D600. I didn't expect too much - so I was toally surprised. It is fully usable on FF even wide open. The corners are a bit softer at f 2.8 than the excellent center, but in most real world pictures that doesnt't play a role. Between f 5.6 and f 8 the corners improve, nothing left to complain. I really love this lens for its low weight. I would easily recommend this lens for everyone who doesn't need the last 4mm of 24-70 zooms and can live without the last bit of AF speed.

Problems:

Build quality is far from pro grade lenses. After some years the zoom ring became a little wobbly but still perfectly usable. Can't expect more for the price.

Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)
Zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF, Sony/Minolta Alpha • A09
Summi Luchs's score
Average community score
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow