Excellent sweeper

Started Jan 2, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Dodi73
Dodi73 Senior Member • Posts: 2,056
Excellent sweeper

Third lens I got by Zeiss, it only enforces the awesome build and pleasure to shoot with such lenses.
After the 35 I needed a wider lens. Despite the excellent reviews, I was afraid to get the 21 because I thought it would have been "too" wide for practical uses, while the 25 is a bit closer to the focal lenght of 28mm which time ago was my favourite, to pair with a 50 and a 100 mm lens. Now it has become 25 - 35 - ( 75 still to come ) - 100 ( 180 ditto ) where a 50 mm lens has to be a little longer ( 55 - 58 ) to fit the range better. The 25, conversely, is a perfect complement for the 35mm due to its remarkable larger (but not excessively larger) field of view which can be useful in very close up environments or in interiors like churches or so. Besides, it has a convenient 67mm filter size which I find very adequate and I can share the cpl with the 100 whenever I need that. Actually, if Zeiss would make other lenses of such size, I'd think of them seriously. With recent cameras, F/2 is often more than enough for everything and probably only a superfast lens (f/1.2) in the 55 / 58 mm might be really interesting for me now.

Problems:

none so far. Here also - being a wide angle, a longer focusing ring would be welcome, as well as a tab for 5-7m but it's nitpicking again, lens itself has no faults at all.

Dodi73's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow