Best 4/3 without a doubt, very minor cons
I own the Panasonic GF1, Olympus EP-3 and the Panasonic GX1, and several prime lenses. While the lenses have gotten really good, I felt the M4/3 format was not really progressing much after its early promise, both the EP-3 and the GX1 were disappointing to me.
This camera finally delivers on this promise and in my opinion is the perfect M4/3 body in almost every way.
PROS: The censor's overall and high iso performance, really great manual controls (love the two top dials), almost complete control of button/dial functions, autofocus speed, in body image stabilization, built in evf and swivel screen, a really beautiful retro yet modern design.
Only minor problems I've found:
- The on/off switch's placement and design makes it hard to activate (I prefer the GX1's for example, which is hard to trigger by accident but easy to turn on/off even in the dark and without changing the hand grip)
- The EVF screen resolution/clarity could use an upgrade
- The play/fn1 buttons are a bit hard to use, especially if you have large fingers or gloves on.
- Typical Olympus system menus could be a lot better.
|Average community score||
|See all 33 reviews »|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4