Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro

Started Jan 12, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
op1318 Regular Member • Posts: 336

This is a great lens. One of my favorite. I cannot compare to any other true macro lens because it is the only one i have ever owned. I love the colors, the bokeh, the sharpness, the size and weight, the large focussing ring, the MFD allowing high magnification (1:1) without too much disturbing the subjects, the focal... It has always been delivering great proxi (flowers and small animals) and macro (insects) shots. But I have also been using it for MF wildlife shots with very good results. I bought it new in 2007 and have been using it on several Sony DSLRs (A100, A700, A850) and one SLT (A77). I prefer using it in natural light because the color rendition is so pleasing. I regret every time I have to leave it at home. I hope it will last forever.

Problems:

Of course, the AF is slow and noisy but who cares on a macro lens...

op1318's gear list:op1318's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a99 II +23 more
Telephoto macro prime lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sony/Minolta Alpha • B01
op1318's score
Average community score
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow