Nice travel and wildlife camera...
This was my first Panasonic camera. I have never used compact camera with such great zoom before and don't have anything to compare with. I wanted light camera for traveling when i don't want to take my Canon 1D M4 or 5D M3 with Ef USM IS 400 F/2,8 or Sigma 120-300 F/2.8 and still can take photos of birds on the longer distance. It is not the same quality and performance but good enough for everyday use like Internet, FB and even my homepage. After few day looking around and reading the different reviews I found this model as the best option for my needs.
I am going to mention two less good thing which I found on this camera so fare and the rest was good or as mentioned on their specification.
1. I liked idea of taking panorama shots which was built in the camera (like on my iPhone 5 which I really like) In the good light conditions camera do good job but in the low light like photographing sunset or sun rise or in mix environment with strong light and dark shadows camera perform less good. Panorama shots ends with darker vertical lines in darker areas... which sometimes are not possible to fix.
2. Above ISO 800 pictures are pretty noisy especially if it was photographed in low light situation... You can always fix noise in Lightroom and other software.... still but not so big problem.
I am pleased with camera and can recommend for people who are in need of big zoom for wild life, action and travel as the main reason.
|Average community score||
|See all 22 reviews »|
bad for good for
|Kids / pets||
|Action / sports||
|Landscapes / scenery||
|Low light (without flash)||
|Flash photography (social)||
|Studio / still life||
= community average
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4