Travel Tripod?

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP hypercore360 Contributing Member • Posts: 995
Re: Travel Tripod?

Yezariael wrote:

hypercore360 wrote:

johnnydrz wrote:

I bought the T-025X 2 weeks ago. For me, at 5'6", it is perfect. Compared to my other (old and cheap) tripods, it weighs next to nothing. I also like that on the X, the center column is removable.

Johnnydrz

Johnny,

Since the center column is removable, can it be used to position the camera upside down for close the ground shots, and also does the BH allow for vertical shots? Thanks

I will answer, even if I am not Johnny I uses the T-005 with a77 plus 18-250 or Macro 100mm lens as heaviest Equipment. The BH holds the weight easy in every Position, no Problem! I used the tripod on a Iceland trip without any Problems, even with (sometimes heavy) wind and for Long exposures of about 10 secs... I would not use it full height with wind, but for Close ground shots or with Center column down it was no Problem.

Then:

Yes and Yes.

But the Center column is NOT removable! You can shorten it on the x-Versions, but not completely remove it like on other tripods to use it upside down. But you can fold the legs so you can use the whole tripod upside down.

Thanks (even though you are not Johnny )

It has been difficult to find a lot of good information from Amazon/B&H, based on just the pictures. You've shed some light on some of my question about the tripod.

hypercore360's gear list:hypercore360's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow