Sigma colors

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,300
Sigma colors

Hello everyone

I am relatively new to the Sigma forum . I used a sigma dp2x  for a while a few years back but took a new interest because getting a sigma Dp2m  last january

I have been a photographer for 25 years and I did not buy the dp2m blindly but I hesitated a long while because of a deep aversion for cameras with a 3;2 ratio only.

Having grown into photography  with MF film cameras ( like 6x6 and  6X7 cm cameras) I prefer a less oblong image ratio especially for vertical shots ( easily two thirds of the images that I take)

I came back two weeks ago from my first extensive photo journey with the dp2m in South East Asia and spent some time reading the forums . I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed by the contents that I have seen over the last two weeks.  A few very hostile threads showing a lot of aggressivity and some name calling and  some threads with people who seem to discover the shortcomings of the camera.. after weeks and weeks of reading them here

Anyhow , one point that I saw mentioned several times by several people ( rattymouse and a few others) is the colors of sigma not being true to life.

Honestly , I think it should only take a few minutes on the internet to KNOW that Sigma dpm's colors while being amazing are not known for always being realistic

BUT my point is that I am a black & white photographer . 95% of my work is black & white . My main camera is olympus OMD and as you probably know Olympus is famous for its colors jpeg

so while I am sure that my OMD color files are more faithful than those of the dp2m , I prefer the sigma's colors 90% of the time

Here are some examples of Sigma colors. the first file shows how I make pictures in color with the dp2m that I would not even take if I had another camera .I called it dog face because the little flower on the bottom right almost looks like a mask of a dog face to me

Comments welcome

H

dog's face

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +8 more
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
IVN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow