Resolution test, between crop (18MP) and fullframe (12.8MP)

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP nedelcho Regular Member • Posts: 402
Re: How embarrasing. : )

Ok, thats why I've made another test in equal light of the same scene and with f/4 and f/5.6 apertures. I the photos once again show that 60D has more resolution, so you are wrong too. Until you've made the same test (with your supposedly right settings) and post it here my test is more valid than yours. I have access to test charts also and again the 60D will have an advantage. Here is the test scene again. I also made available the RAW files in this post http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3398807?page=3#forum-post-51030488 .

But lets pretend for a moment that I am wrong. If 60D does not have more resolution than 5D why do we need more than 12MP then. If Canon release 46MP body it will have nearly the same resolution as 5DII. What is the point then.
You seems to follow what DXO finds blindly. First you claims that "any" lens will give more resolution on higher MP body. Now suddenly after DXO publish their P-Mpix rating you say that they are right and some lenses maaaybe have more resolution. What's up with that. You are not consistent.
Latter in the day, I will post the RAW files of the same scene for all apertures from f/2.8 to f/11, both for 60D and 5D. But it is obvious already. 60D has more resolution and you can not deny it without making fool of yourself.

-- hide signature --
 nedelcho's gear list:nedelcho's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow