Best "all in one computer" for photo editing ?

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
robertfel Contributing Member • Posts: 817
Re: Build it

kelpdiver wrote:

Did you miss the page regarding temps? 79C isn't over the limit, but I don't view it as acceptable. When you have a 95W CPU, there's only so much cooling you can do in the smallest mini itx chassis. Minimal heatsinks and higher heat means noisier fans. I'm still much happier to have a shoebox sized case, with more options for passive cooling and choices around drives (though I have moved all storage to a central location, only need SSDs and perhaps the optical. Haswell may get it a step closer, but the TDP is still going to be 65W or higher.

Is 76C acceptable? Because that's what the chart said, not 79C.

The builder also went overboard on the CPU. The MB can support 77W CPUs, but the case lists 65W CPUs as max. I'm sure the temps would be a lot less with a 3770S 65W CPU, than the 3770k 77W CPU. You can always replace fans with silent models if it's important to you. A hardcore DIY'r can probably work a water cooling system in there. I'm not sure where you are getting the 95W value.

robertfel's gear list:robertfel's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow