So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,398
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

I wear x-large gloves.  The camera  is no problem for me to use - I actually fell in love with it, and put the DSLR in the closet after just a few minutes of playing with it.  Isn't that's the point of M43 - great IQ in a small package?

It's not pefect, no camera is perfect.  The Fn1 and the playback buttons are a bit too close together IMO.  The on/off swtich, well, it's poorly implemented, but neither are deal breakers.  You just have to adjust - just like with every other camera.

The great thing about the EM-5 is there are multiple ways to do things.  For example, scrolling using the arrow keys - which, yes, are small buttons.  But for most things, you can use one of the two wheels on top of the camera to scroll - works great - or you can use the touch screen.  I rarely use the arrow keys.  The customization options are huge.

I can undertand people wanting larger buttons or a nice big grip.  For those that shoot one handed all the time - the lack of a deep grip I could see as a problem.  Coming from a DSLR, I always shoot with two hands - left under the lens, right on the side of the body - the camera is perfectly comfortable to me in that mode.  What I can't understand, knowing the cameara is small, and knowing their own preferences, they buy it anyway and then complain about it being, well surprise surprise...small.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow