X100S BW and Velvia +1/3 EV

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ealvarez
OP ealvarez Regular Member • Posts: 255
Re: X100S BW and Velvia +1/3 EV

xeriwthe wrote:

Hi,

I have taken a look at the pictures you linked, and I would say that while +1/3EV has overexposed some highlights, for example on the lampshade above the rifle, overall it's a better exposure for the image given how dark the couch, rifle, and bicycle appear. +0EV is a little bit too dark, in my opinion.

Whether Fujifilm should have set +1/3EV as the 0EV point is another matter.. if it were so I am sure many people on the internet would be complaining about the tendency to overexpose highlights

regards,

p

Thank you for taking the time to look at the pictures. I have taken more pictures and most of the result, maybe 95% of them, are better with +1/3. As you've probably have noticed on this forum, not too many people have received their X100S in the majority of countries. Most Americans and British and people from most EU countries still have not received theirs. X100S was released first in Japan then to South East Asian region. I've got mine from this part of the world so maybe they will raise this issue in the future when they have the camera on their hands. I don't know, I hope this not an issue at all because I'm not as experienced as most people that are regular to this forum. Do you own or do you plan to get X100S?

Thanks again,

Val

ealvarez's gear list:ealvarez's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow