bill vann wrote:
so I can put a 58 on the nex and control the others, but cannot seem to work anything off camera without a master on the camera? am I missing something?
This is unfortunately the way it works with the NEX-7. You can't control slaves with the built-in flash.
- Adding a small HVL-F20AM might be a good option, as this can act as a master.
- Another option is the Pixel king wireless trigger. This works in TTL for me, but I have issues with HSS on my old Minolta flash. I remember reading that others have had more luck with other flashes.
- Another option is a good old fashioned TTL cable.
also, each shot does its own preflash, which I kinda get but to do the odd portrait wtf how annoying and mucho blinkers, am I missing something here?
I agree, and I tend to just work with flash on manual power a lot of the time. TTL is cool, but manual flash isn't so hard to handle unless you are in a hurry.
I think the flash system needs an update. I'd like to see Sony do away with the optical control system, and replace it with an RF system like Canon's.
"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%