If you've decided on Coolpix A instead of X100s, please share your thinking.

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ariston Senior Member • Posts: 2,401
Re: 28mm and no AA, check your shooting habits

travelinbri_74 wrote:

Nikon seems like a landscaper pocket camera which to me most directly competes with the sigma DP1M while the fuji seems to be a people and street camera. If the Nikon is crazy sharp I might pick one up for a pocket landscape camera.
TBri

it would appear that way although I doubt that it would be as good as the DP1m. my impression about the Coolpix A would be something like the D7000 without a filter. I'm just not sure if the 16MP filterless sensor would be enough to offset the sensor filter type difference and details and resolution rendered considering how good the merrills are being perceived in comparison to the D800 but most especially medium formats. it sounds heresy I know, but that takes a lot of guts to even say such thing and could be true or atleast very near to it. at over $1,000, the Nikon A doesn't look to be that attractive at all especially compared with similar MP APS-C size type MILCs which are btw cheaper. maybe if the Coolpix A could render something at around 25MP or even a Fullframe, that people including myself would seriously consider it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow