Greetings Nikon Lens Forum...major Issue inside...

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JMD-70 Senior Member • Posts: 2,092
Greetings Nikon Lens Forum...major Issue inside...

Check this, I have a serious problem and I'm trying to prevent having a $1700 paper weight on my hands!  You see, I sent my 28-70 F/2.8 in for repair at a local D.C. repair shop,...(Google).  THis was due to the lens suddenly stopped zooming or focusing,...I forget because it's been at the shop for so long!  Apparently, there is a piece in the lens that enables the "lens" to zoom!  I was told that it's a precision piece that is shaped like a tuning fork, etc.  Anyway, I'm being told that Nikon doesn't have the part in stock.  Well, I was told that for 4 to 6 months.  Nor did they have the tech data so that it could be made at a local machine shop, etc.  Note, my lens has been out of commission since July of 2012!  Yes,..that long!  Well, about a month ago, I was finally asked,..."do you want us to send your lens to Nikon?"  What!,...I'm thinking,...damn,...you could have done that 5 months ago.  Well, they sent it to NIkon,..I believe it was sent to Nikon in Melville NY and about 30 days passed again before I did a status check and NOW I'm told it cannot be repaired!  So naturally, I'm thinking at like $1700-per-hour!  I cannot believe or wnat to accept this.  I then asked the Customer Service 'person',..."So, what are you saying,...I will have a $1700 paperweight now?"  He didn't answer,...we a little talked more,...and again I asked the question,...Are you saying I'll now have a $1700 paperweight?,...and he finally answered,..."that's about the size of it".

Now, I may not get the lens repaired,..but I'll prolly never spend big bucks on another lens ever again!

Nikon, this is unexcuseable!  Fail,...Major Fail,..Freak'n Major Fail!

Please, recommendations are on this are highly encouraged!  Thank you vm...

-- hide signature --

JMD
...D3s/D3/WT-4/Eye-Fi 8GB X2 Pro
......ITP Pro 2.0
.........Nikon forever~
Yes! The Eye-Fi works with D3 and D3s!

JMD-70's gear list:JMD-70's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow