1:1 with the Queen
Yes, I think thats correct.
Example: If a lens is at 100mm and f20, then the entry pupil is still 5mm. The wavelength of light is in the nanometer range and I dont think that much diffraction can occur. Even at f40 the entry pupil is 2.5mm.
There is another point. Macro lenses probably have more precise and thinner aperture blades, while other lenses, that are not made for small apertures might have thicker blades that reflect more light so they could degrade image quality when small aperture is used.
Thats what I personally think about it.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4