If you've decided on Coolpix A instead of X100s, please share your thinking.

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
photo perzon Veteran Member • Posts: 4,653
Re: I like 28 a WHOLE lot more than 35, and I like the size

DJF77 wrote:

I think this must be Nikon's April fools joke.

Its a £4-500 camera that theyre trying to flog for £1000... get real Nikon.

The x100 appeals because of its excellently well made (and great looking) body, amazing new tech hybrid viewfinder, amazing optics with F2 aperture, easy manual controls. The x100 is a real photographer's dream camera; the Nikon is none of the above. The folks at Nikon have looked in Fuji's direction and thought 'I'd like a slice of that pie please' , without giving any thought to who would buy this camera. They've looked at the x100s price and thought yeah, if people are paying that for a fixed lens compact then surely they'll buy ours with the trusty Nikon brand.

Its beyond a joke and I guarantee the price will halve in the first 3 months.

The A body is all metal and it stuffs an APS-C sensor in a body at 10 ounces vs 16 for the X100

The X100 was $ 1299 for a long time, for years, now $ 799.  The prices always come down.

I agree the A is not priced cheaply.  If it performs it might resell on eBay for more than retail.

X100 sold for $ 1999 and $1799 for months on eBay

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T100 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow