Canon 550EX in manual mode can't trigger an optical slave?
Canon Speedlites do not play nicely with optical triggers.
Try it with the Master/Slave switch set to Off. The command pre-flashes "may" not be issued. I can't remember.
Otherwise, has your Metz got an S2 Mode, which ignores the first flash. It does not always work as the Canon can issue many bursts of light pulse code, before the Fire! command.
There are a few designed-for-Canon optical triggers which handle the preflashes better, and could replace the internal Metz detector if that flash has a PC-sync connector.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Mar 7, 2013|
|Mar 8, 2013|
|Mar 9, 2013|
|Mar 9, 2013|
|Mar 19, 2013|
|Mar 20, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4