If you've decided on Coolpix A instead of X100s, please share your thinking.

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sebit Regular Member • Posts: 241
Re: If you've decided on Coolpix A instead of X100s, please share your thinking.

My view is that Nikon A and X100s are very different, even apart from the obvious difference in FL 28 vs 35. Actually, the rumours of Nikon A being 28/2.8 DX Coolpix were one of the factors that helped me to decide on pre-ordering the X100s. Among others were the support for X-trans from Adobe and the fact that I was actually waiting last three years for Fuji to improve the X100.

X100s brings back the memories of old film days, with the OVF (included...) displaying some useful informations. With the option of EVF and with faster lens. Coolpix A seems to be better suited for someone stepping up from a compact camera. I'm coming from a FF D700, which I chose because of the image quality (broadly speaking) reminding me of the film days. I believe that X100s will be close enough in quality to D700 and at the same time much more rewarding camera for me and my photography.

-- hide signature --

seb

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow