Down on the 18-55 O.I.S.

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 9,639
Re: Down on the 18-55 O.I.S.

Erational wrote:

Yes, I do understand the idea "the 35/1.4 isn't better enough than the 18-55 to merit owning both unless you need the extra f-stops". Not saying the two 18-55's were Coke bottle glass, but I wouldn't have kept the X E-1 if the performance of the 18-55 was all I could squeeze out of the X E-1. The difference between my copies of the prime and zoom was far larger than your experience.

While the classic car 18-55 shots in previous posts attached to this thread are lovely, they do not convince of sharpness or detail over the web. All the same, thanks for taking the time to post those shots.

Currently, I own no NEX cameras. The old NEX 18-55 was simply a reference point.

Over the web?? Well the crop is a 100% crop that is 1800pixel taken out of the original image ... there is NO resizing!

The first crop is without any sharpening taken as it came from the original file, the second one uses a mild sharpening algorithm.

If you want a 200% crop all you have to do is copy and resize to 200% ... since the crops are at 100%.

Not sure what else to tell you??

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow