Sony vs. Canon....

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
PORTRAIT
OP PORTRAIT Senior Member • Posts: 2,151
Re: Sony vs. Canon....

.RichV wrote:

Good job. As with other posts, there's really no "vs." connection here. The important thing that you've found out is that you can do a good job, and that it's worth money to some. Now some extra thoughts:

• I'd much prefer a FF sensor for a wedding (in fact, my A99 is still in the shop - for all of infinity, it seems; if someone asked me to shoot a wedding with my A77 I would decline)
  • Was their contract with their photographer a conditional one? If so, there's also an incentive for the couple to go with the free images; even if they paid a base contract, I'd imagine your DVD would allow them to make unlimited low cost copies - so you're the much less expensive option.
  • As you start to value your work, make sure the recipients do to - by setting very reasonable (but much higher) prices.

Best of luck in your potential new pursuit!

-- hide signature --

Thank you RichV,

.Oh yeah, I know I wish I could afford to buy an A99 now...may be I'll start saving for the A77(why would you decline to shoot a wed with the A77 by the way?)...So...What's wrong with your A99!??

.Well here what I got from the couple, I don't know all the details of the original contract with the Photog., But I heard that the paid whatever sum he asked for. And trust me they are both wealthy, so $$$ is not a problem, but they will go back to him and ask for explanation, in primis , why they did not take many of the pics that they wished,( 6000 pics??)that I took and they will show him my work....So I don't know if they are going to ask for some discount or something...simply because they did NOT get what promise..

. Thanks,well will see what happened, but for sure, to be the first time, it was a very inspiring wedding for me..

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Marco
SONY SLT A55
NIKON P 6000
CANON A80
Photography= Art & Tech.
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D40X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow