Dial clickyness (EM-5 vs X-E1)

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drwho9437 Senior Member • Posts: 1,994
Dial clickyness (EM-5 vs X-E1)

So I played with a X-E1 at a store the other day and I liked it alot. I tried a EM-5 at a store a few weeks before and felt the dials had very little friction to turn them. Can anyone who has used both give some complete impressions of the dials feel? I'll probably have to go to a store again and compare side by side but the, I was thinking perhaps the EM-5 dials were just worn down as a floor model at BH probably gets more dial spinning than anything else, or maybe they were just very light to rotate. They had a pretty high tone click to them, with a fairly narrow range for the "stop". The aperture rings on the 18mm the X-E1 had were much more lite than a real mechanically coupled lens but still not bad.

They are both such good cameras really. They both have strong things going for them to be sure. My irrational attachment to the past might be part of my motivation for liking the X-E1 so much.

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow