Quick pool, em-5 or gh-3

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Re: GH3 vs OM-D EM-5 Size

Briarios wrote:

You can pull focus with the GH3 by tapping the display from point to point realtime in video, not sure if the OM-D EM 5 can do this or not.

Sounds neat in theory, but I'd have to see how this works in practice. Wouldn't any self-respecting videographer eschew anything that has to do with autofocus? From what I've seen, CDAF autofocus during video recording isn't very pleasant, since it almost always has to go a tad too far, then back up.

Seems to me you'd be better off with manual focus for anything that matters, unless this is REALLY bulletproof.

GH3 outputs HDMI clean, if you want that, not sure if the Olympus does that or not.

Not sure what that means. Is it related to the subject of the GH3 having the better touchscreen, though? Because I'm aware that the two cameras have a number of distinguishing features that set them apart from each other. I was specifically not aware that the GH3 touchscreen was significantly better than that of the E-M5, however.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow