Just got my 24-70 f/2.8 II--first impressions.

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marek07 Regular Member • Posts: 369
Re: Just got my 24-70 f/2.8 II--first impressions.

I have had this lens for over 5 months now, and is in constant use, I shoot Fashion and Portraiture and have to say it has become the workhorse in my kit even leaving my 50mm 1.2 to gather dust it's that good, of course there is always going to be distortion and vignetting with any zoom but the new 24-70 is the sharpest, fastest zoom I have used and has great bokeh.

I use it with the new 5d mk3 which now has lens correction, and shoot studio, location, front lit, backlit...

Initially I went into a camera store with a few flash cards and tried a variety of 24-70 lenses including the nikon d800e with it's 24-70 and the new canon easily came top.

Like you said price is high and was even higher 5 months ago! but this lens has justified the expense and I have always thought not to sell yourself short on Glass!

Marek07's gear list:Marek07's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow