forpetessake
forpetessake Veteran Member • Posts: 5,172
Re: DPR review review

mngsmt wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

mngsmt wrote:

anthony mazzeri wrote:

mngsmt wrote:

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

I guess I was trying to make the point that you should compare a camera with a lens attached with a camera with a lens attached.

Part of the reason why the K-01 never appealed to me personally is the concept of eliminating everything viewfinder related, but keeping the size very similar to a standard DSLR.

I disagree. Manufacturers should look into designing a convenient DSRL-like grip and eliminating the other bulk, especially optical viewfinder. The grip-less mirrorless cameras are a pain to use with anything but the lightest, smallest lenses. If anything is missing from K-01 is a larger grip.

Hm, so you like more bulk. Fair enough.

That's not what I said. The camera body should be only as large as necessary for comfortable handling. I wouldn't sacrifice a good grip for a tiny body, I already have Sony NEX-5N and it's very uncomfortable with anything but smallest lenses.

The fact that the X-E1 has a very short flange focal distance is one of the design choices that make it a very attractive camera IMO. It makes it smaller, and compatible with virtually any lens out there except for 4/3.

The flange distance doesn't mean much in mirrorless design. The wide-angle lenses can protrude inside the camera, and for the long lenses the flange distance makes no difference. Since it's a grip that determines the overall size, the flange distance only becomes an issue if one wants to use adapters for the legacy glass.

That's all I'm saying. And that the X-E1 is approximately 20mm slimmer than the K01.

Again, adapting foreign glass is not a primary purpose of the system. Definitely, Pentax with so many k-mount lenses wouldn't think that way. Though I do have and like playing with old lenses, so I got a Sony for that. But I don't need yet another camera for the legacy manual lenses, I actually like K-01 for its full compatibility with Pentax lenses. I think all camera manufacturers, which have a large choice of DSLR lenses would be very successful releasing mirrorless cameras with the same DSLR mounts -- Sony NEX is suficient for all those who like playing with adapted glass.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow