Camera Knowledge !

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 1,416
Re: Camera Knowledge !

Many contributors on this forum seem to be long time Pentax users who started with or have used Pentax film SLRs, some for many years like myself. I think many C and N users are newbies to SLR photography and therefore  are not nearly as knowledgeable.

http://larrydbrown.com

Yes , I started with Pentax in the 1970's and I did compare with the competition .

This was to be my first SLR , although I had been using a Zeiss rangefinder camera and a Rolleiflex TLR for some time before that . The competition , as I looked at it was the likes of Practika and Zenit , which both used screw mount while Pentax had the new bayonet K Mount . I did look at Nikon as well but it was more expensive with no advantage that I could see over Pentax , which was better made than the East German offerings and at least the equal of Nikon .

I have stuck with Pentax since and , almost 40 years on , see no reason to change .

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow