DPR review review

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
forpetessake
forpetessake Veteran Member • Posts: 5,172
Re: DPR review review

mngsmt wrote:

anthony mazzeri wrote:

mngsmt wrote:

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

I guess I was trying to make the point that you should compare a camera with a lens attached with a camera with a lens attached.

Part of the reason why the K-01 never appealed to me personally is the concept of eliminating everything viewfinder related, but keeping the size very similar to a standard DSLR.

I disagree. Manufacturers should look into designing a convenient DSRL-like grip and eliminating the other bulk, especially optical viewfinder. The grip-less mirrorless cameras are a pain to use with anything but the lightest, smallest lenses. If anything is missing from K-01 is a larger grip.

The fact that the X-E1 has a very short flange focal distance is one of the design choices that make it a very attractive camera IMO. It makes it smaller, and compatible with virtually any lens out there except for 4/3.

The flange distance doesn't mean much in mirrorless design. The wide-angle lenses can protrude inside the camera, and for the long lenses the flange distance makes no difference. Since it's a grip that determines the overall size, the flange distance only becomes an issue if one wants to use adapters for the legacy glass.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow