XZ-10 vs XZ-2

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nick Carrigan Regular Member • Posts: 311
XZ-10 vs XZ-2

Hi All,

I received my new XZ-10 this morning.  It is indeed very small.  It's the perfect size for a pocket camera.

Its rubber grip has a sticky feel to it -- which is reassuring for a solid grip.  At first, I was a bit scared to really hold the camera but it's so well-built that there's no reason not to grip it firmly.

I haven't had a lot of time to fiddle with it. It's quite small and the controls seems well-placed.  Build quality is very nice and solid.  The control ring has more free play compared to the XZ-2 control ring which has a stiffer action.

The AF is definitely a bit slower than the XZ-2.  I'll post more about this later.

Didn't see a firmware version on this model.  I wonder if they'll even offer firmware updates..?

I did receive the Olympus Viewer 3 software so that should be interesting to play with...

I'll try to take a couple of samples/comparison shots later today.

-Nick

Nick Carrigan's gear list:Nick Carrigan's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Leica Summarit-M 35mm F2.4 ASPH +4 more
Olympus Stylus XZ-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PPW
PPW
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow