CamRanger wireless control for Ios devices and Android does just about everything but talk to you...

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sefi Ninio
Sefi Ninio New Member • Posts: 22
Re: Do I get it right ?

Placation101 wrote:

How they do it is ??? Thats why they get to charge you. I dont see how you find it unreasonable that a router that can connect internet wirelessly and through usb, cant be used to connect both devices. One of the primary functions of a router is to connect two devices normally computers.

That is not accurate.

A router, connects 1 or more devices to a existing network, be it local or open with internet access.

It does not create the network, only routs the requests between the devices and the network.
Trust me, I do this for a living.

The fact that the CamRanger is based off of the TP-Link is fine, they must have modified it to work as an EyeFi card to create the local network, and then share it to other devices with the TP-Link router circuitry.

That required some development and engineering, along with the development of the software for iOS, Android and Windows is why it costs the amount it costs.

Sefi Ninio's gear list:Sefi Ninio's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow