YN622c TTL question
Hello to all,
I just purchased some YN622c TTL triggers for Canon. I have a 60D and some 430EXii speedlights.
I haven't received my triggers yet, but a question came into my mind:
With a YN622c transmitter connected on top of my camera, will the camera "think" that there is a speedlight connected on its head ?
How will the camera know that the actual speedlight is not on the camera, but instead is off camera ?
I'm afraid that if the camera believes that the trigger is an actual speedlight connected on top of my camera; and therefore it will calculate the wrong exposure setting in TTL mode.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Yves from Belgium.
PS: for the ones who are wondering why I have chosen the YN622c instead of other models (eg. Phottix ODIN (was my first choice) or Pixel King, Rikon Kody TTL,...)
Phottix ODIN was my preferred choice till I read that:
- the speedlight triggered by ODIN emits a preflash, even in manual mode: so I can not use my light meter efficiently. There are some workarounds, but they are not so convenient.
- The trigger doesn't have a TTL pass through: I find it handy when I need an on top camera for fill (eg. during an event). Workaround: you can use a flashbracket, have your fill flash mounted on it with an additional receiver (extra cost and extra weight)
- Rikon Kody TTL: still too new with some bugs. Read the reviews. Even the local distributor (where I purchased the YN622c) recommended me to wait...
- Pixel King II and/or the Phottix Odin II: will probable have everything I would dream of... but is not out yet... Probably the day that they come out, and that the first major bugs will have been updated by a firmware update, I will then probably sell the YN622c.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO