Questions about flashes for Sony a55
I am selecting a flash for Sony a55 and I have some questions. I am considering Sony, Metz, and Nissin models. I would really appreciate the response from people who had an experience with those flashes.
For Sony HVL-F43 and 58:
- The new swivel design is convenient for on-camera use but what about the use off-camera? Is it still easy to aim the flash where desired and have the wireless sensor facing the camera?
For Metz 58 AF-2 and Nissin DI866 II:
- Have anyone actually noticed any incompatibilities with a55 that would justify buying a Sony flash?
- How do they operate when the camera is in burst mode at 10, 7, or 3 fps? I found it very useful to take 3-4 pictures especially when shooting group pictures. I know Sony's flashes perform adequately in such conditions but can't find anything about Metz and Nissin.
For all three:
- Is there any noticeable advantage of any of these flashes in terms of less overheating or better overheating protection?
- What about focus assist light? Is there any difference that is worth to consider?
Thank you. I really appreciate your help.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%