Questions about flashes for Sony a55
I am selecting a flash for Sony a55 and I have some questions. I am considering Sony, Metz, and Nissin models. I would really appreciate the response from people who had an experience with those flashes.
For Sony HVL-F43 and 58:
- The new swivel design is convenient for on-camera use but what about the use off-camera? Is it still easy to aim the flash where desired and have the wireless sensor facing the camera?
For Metz 58 AF-2 and Nissin DI866 II:
- Have anyone actually noticed any incompatibilities with a55 that would justify buying a Sony flash?
- How do they operate when the camera is in burst mode at 10, 7, or 3 fps? I found it very useful to take 3-4 pictures especially when shooting group pictures. I know Sony's flashes perform adequately in such conditions but can't find anything about Metz and Nissin.
For all three:
- Is there any noticeable advantage of any of these flashes in terms of less overheating or better overheating protection?
- What about focus assist light? Is there any difference that is worth to consider?
Thank you. I really appreciate your help.
|Leaving the office, Central London. by Edward48|
from Your City - Night Shift
|Running free by LassiM|
from My Best Photo of the Week
|Everyone's happy at Disney World! by Pixney|
from Disney World