Questions about flashes for Sony a55
I am selecting a flash for Sony a55 and I have some questions. I am considering Sony, Metz, and Nissin models. I would really appreciate the response from people who had an experience with those flashes.
For Sony HVL-F43 and 58:
- The new swivel design is convenient for on-camera use but what about the use off-camera? Is it still easy to aim the flash where desired and have the wireless sensor facing the camera?
For Metz 58 AF-2 and Nissin DI866 II:
- Have anyone actually noticed any incompatibilities with a55 that would justify buying a Sony flash?
- How do they operate when the camera is in burst mode at 10, 7, or 3 fps? I found it very useful to take 3-4 pictures especially when shooting group pictures. I know Sony's flashes perform adequately in such conditions but can't find anything about Metz and Nissin.
For all three:
- Is there any noticeable advantage of any of these flashes in terms of less overheating or better overheating protection?
- What about focus assist light? Is there any difference that is worth to consider?
Thank you. I really appreciate your help.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4