Loving my new AB 800!
Sailor Blue wrote:
Looks like you are off to a great start.
Thanks. Appreciate the encouragement.
I had doubts about buying a single light -- most use two. But so far I haven't found a need photographing individual subjects and working in very limited space at home.
Biggest issue I had was controlling spill, getting deep shadows when I want them. The Buff grids do that nicely and very conveniently. (The linked nudes in my OP were done in a friend's studio, not my home.)
The Softlighter (umbrella with diffuser) is something of a dissapointment in my small white room. Absolutely soft, but almost like bouncing off a ceiling -- no shadow control.
My galleries at:
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4