How do you handle the inconsistent D800/D800E PDAF with different color temperature?

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Marianne Oelund Veteran Member • Posts: 5,570
Re: I've seen big shifts depending on reflectivity

Horshack wrote:

I couldn't tell from your post but are you using different lighting fixtures and/or lighting distances (and thus intensity) for your different bulbs/temperatures? I know if I place a small lamp close to the target I get significant front-focus on both a D800 and 5DM3 compared to that same bulb used in the lamp further away,

Yes, I tried different lamp positions for the halogen lamp - both in front, and from above (simulating the CF source direction).  No difference was found. The target is very "flat" and non-reflective, and I tried matched source brightness, as well as brighter halogen illumination.

I've also tried an 80B filter with the halogen lamp, which made no difference.  Checks with a polarizing filter on the lens at various rotations, also failed to change the outcome. The next step will be to try altering the UV content of the light, but I cannot do that until this evening.

-- hide signature --

Qualities possessed by God in infinite proportion: Love, Grace, Power, Righteousness, Wisdom, . . .
Qualities possessed by humans in infinite proportion: Ignorance.
- Marianne

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow