Is Your Challenge Entry a Winner?

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Questions thread
merops
merops Senior Member • Posts: 2,190
Re: Is Your Challenge Entry a Winner?

El Crapio wrote:

merops wrote:

- Is images with good thumbnails doing well evidence that people are judging from thumbnails?

No, "horrid images that look good as thumbnails" doing well is evidence that some people are voting without viewing the photos properly.

Look at this one for example. Full view tells a different story, than thumbnail or small view.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=668393

I'll give you that images that look good as thumbnails, but not at larger sizes, would be evidence for people judging from thumbnails.

However, it's your interpretation that they look good as thumbnails and horrid at larger resolutions. The thing I most dislike about this photo is that the headlight illumination runs down the side of the road. They should have parked their car on the road to take the picture (this would probably be completely illegal   ). This is equally visible on the thumbnail. I might have voted a different way from the way you think I should have done (it's really impossible for me to make a judgment now of how I would have voted), but it wouldn't have been because of a difference between the thumbnail and full size image

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow