5D lens questions
Steve Dell wrote:
Unless you must have primes, I'd recommend the 24-105 F/4 lens as a general purpose "walk about" lens for the 5D series.
Agree. No need to label it for the 5D-series - any 35mm SLR. The only time I can see casual use with a prime under 300mm would be for indoor low light such as 50mm or 100mm for better focusing since they are wide aperture. Other times it should be a zoom because what will happen is you'll end up having to crop a lot basically simulating have a zoom lens.
Using prime lenses for business/paid shoots is more appropriate since you are often setting up shots specifially for the lens and result you want versus shooting snapshots.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%