DPR review review

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 12,741
Re: DPR review review

tdwesbo wrote:

viking79 wrote:

wildkat2 wrote:

I hope to god Pentax never builds an EVF camera. Bottom line is they suck. I would rather shoot off the LCD all day than use an EVF.

They do not, and it gives added flexibility.

+1

I thought all the early EVFs were crap, but I have had the chance to peer through the EVFs of some of the new Oly CSCs and while in Vegas I stopped at the Sony store and tried out the EVF of the a99. Gorgeous, and better, IMO, than an OVF under almost all conditions.

I saw the best current and next models EVFs, and I wasn't impressed - I prefer a good OVF, by a large margin.

I think the EVF has a looong way to to before getting rid of the "miniature TV few cms from your eye" look.

They are getting there with the technology. I actually hope that Pentax abandons OVF by the time they cobble together a FF body and adopt an EVF instead. So much more useful, so much easier to make and package, etc...

If Pentax would abandon OVF, I would instantly switch for a manufacturer that didn't. I'm not alone in this, trust me... and you, EVF fans, should simply chose one of the manufacturers which already supports EVFs rather than push to eliminate alternatives.

Wes

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow