Is Your Challenge Entry a Winner?

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Questions thread
merops
merops Senior Member • Posts: 2,191
Re: Is Your Challenge Entry a Winner?

OldArrow wrote:

This issue could be solved by another change in the Challenges, in a way that images can be seen as thumbnails, but can only be voted upon at their standard and/or maximum size. It should be thus reprogrammed, so that whenever a vote is to be cast, the image enlarges automatically. Some of the people used to vote on thumbnail sized entries would probably complain because their "voting speed" would be impaired, but voting on thumbnails was never correct, and should not have been possible in the first place.

-- hide signature --

Fil

There are two separate issues here:

One is whether it is 'correct' to use thumbnails to vote. I have a personal view on this, but I'm happy to accept the view of those who do the hard work setting challenges etc.

The other is why photos that look good as thumbnails do well. This might be because they have been judged as thumbnails. Alternatively, they might have been judged full size, and the kind of things that make for a good full size image (clean, balanced composition, including distribution of light/dark areas in photo) also make for a good looking thumbnail. This was my point.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow