Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 13,824
Re: APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Dave Luttmann wrote:

MAC wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

MAC wrote:

Sovern wrote:

The crop is not as good as qianp2k's (the one you posted looks very hazy looks like digital zoom).

I try to get shots right the first time around so I have no need for 200% crops but I'm sure that a 30D/40D can crop just as well as the 60D if you account in the loss of clarity from the pixel density of the 60D series sensors.

a forum's trained eyes sees there is not sharpness issues with 18mpxl canon crop cameras. I owned both a 30d and 40d. I like my 60d and T4i much better

Nice photo, but not at 100% cropped size. Agreed there is no penalty if you downsampling high MP to match to low MP cameras but then you waste 18mp potential.

customers don't see the technical gianp2k like you do. That is not what pays for all of this. They see the image's interest

I think you mean that customers purchase the print and don't sit and stare at 100% or 200% screen views debating whether or not there are "grains" or how the "per pixel sharpness" is. Great photo of the turtle by the way....love the kids reach and the angle in which you photographed it. Hopefully the noise is "creamy" enough

Is this in San Diego?

Thanks!

Newport - right across the river from Cincinnati.  My favorites in the States are Shedd's - Chicago; Inner Harbor - Baltimore;  and Newport.  In old days, use to take the 28-135 IS into the aquariums.  Then in the new days, the 15-85 IS.  But the 4stop 100L is my favorite for these venues.

Yep -- I don't care about creamy.  Looking for the "Mello Yellow" Look

-- hide signature --
 MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow