The power of the powershot

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP peter42y Senior Member • Posts: 2,201
Re: The power of the powershot

MattJCarter wrote:

peter42y wrote:

I decided to take some more shots comparing the 2 cameras.

Auto white balance.

Auto Aperture.

Auto ISO in both cameras.

The pictures were shot seconds apart.

Same lighting conditions.

I did upload them to the powershot V1 album

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7331342952/albums/the-power-of-powershot

this is a much better comparison, thanks.

I still stand by my previous comments however. I think your argument would work against any camera designed for more manual control. I appreciate that plenty of people do shoot cameras in full auto but you could equally make your comparison against the canon g1x, g15, ricoh grd, lx7 etc. However, as soon as you let these cameras off the 'auto' leash (as most users of these cameras do...the users I know use them as a compact backup to a dslr) you should potentially be able to get considerably (techinically) better pictures (Not bringing the ability of the photographer in composing the picture into the equation which is a separate debate).

anyways I think i'll bow out of this debate now. I appreciate where you are coming from and you know my opinion so I think we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.

happy shooting!

kind regards

matt

I did post 2 more pictures shot in  dwindling  light. I  did not meant to bash the V1 . I just got amazed with the small 500.

Thanks for your message.

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon IXUS 310 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow