DPR review review

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
britcam
britcam Senior Member • Posts: 2,476
Re: DPR review review

viking79 wrote:

I don't think I disagree with their assessment of either camera. The K-01 could appeal to some, mostly K mount users, but if the AF is anything like what it was in Live View on the K-5 I would say it was very slow too.

The Fuji has slow AF with some lenses, but still relatively fast to the K-5 in Live View. If the K-01 is faster than the K-5 in live view it might change my opinion a bit. I think the K-01 is still more of a niche camera best suited towards K mount users in function (but originally marketed towards non K mount users).

AF with the K-01 in LV with latest firmware is excellent, compared with K5.

That's the main reason I sold my K5 & bought the K-01 and K30, to have the best of both worlds and quick AF even on my 16-50 and 50-135 which were both frustratingly slow on the K5.

-- hide signature --

britcam
The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon Coolpix 5000 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Digital IV Olympus E-330 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow