How good is the D800 ?

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 7,128
Re: How good is the D800 ?

clouseau2 wrote:

I have a fairly okay lens collection and Pixel pixel peeping is not my favorit , what i like is the pop , the rush when you know its good .

Mvh Clouseau

The D800 is an exceptional camera. I have a problem with inconsistent focus on moving stuff, but I bought a D4 and fixed that. I'm sure Nikon can fix mine when I drop it in to them. You have that covered with a D3S.

I think for landscape, nature and anything else of a similar nature, you could not buy any better camera than the D800. The dynamic range is phenomenial, the image quality is as well. I can shoot stuff with a partial washed out sky in it and where any of the 12mp ones would be totally washed out, there's color and detail taken with the D800. Until there's some major update in DSLRs, like technology so ISOs no longer matter, I can't see replacing the D800. If the D800 sensor + D4 body becomes the D4X, then that would be an unbeatable, but expensive combination.

Don't believe the bs about needing a special skill set to use it - it's not a freakin' fighter jet. I gave it to my wife to shoot a birthday party, put the 24-70 2.8 on it, bumped the ISO to where she didn't need a flash, and got beautiful pictures under fluorescent lighting. About 99% in focus and good color.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D2H Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D500
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow