LiveView and Micro Adjustment
marco ricci wrote:
I have not heard of contrast AF yielding out of focus results
1. the 5DII will contrast AF where ever you place the green magnify rectangle. Is that placed on an appropriate AF target?
yes, i printed an hires target.
135L is the only lens that give me a wrong focus in contrast AF
(24/70 II, 70/200 IS II, 85L, 16/35L, 100 macro, 300 F4L)
2. AF target of high contrast lines, with good light.
3. Tripod to prevent unwanted camera movement
sure, and focussed in remote, using a computer and eos utility
This should match optimum manual focus with Live View 5-10X magnification. Since LV is exactly what the sensor is going to record, it is a good way to evaluate the accuracy of the AF technique without taking an image.
I suppose there could be some reason for a systematic error in contrast detect AF, but I have not heard of it
yes it's systematic, and i can focus correctly in manual or phase AF
Sounds very odd...I'd be inclined to speak to Canon about it.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%