I order a K-01 because I was BORED!

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichRMA Veteran Member • Posts: 4,073
I order a K-01 because I was BORED!

Bored with convention.  I owned a D7000 for a week, but couldn't take the focus errors, I was used to the accuracy of the contrast focus system.  I owned the OM-D for 2 months, and while the imagery is light-years better than my stalwart Panasonic G1, the camera body is just too delicate on the outside for the kind of use I put it through.  Previously, I owned a Nikon D300 which I had for a couple years and prior to that, Pentax K10D and K20D which when combined with the Pentax lens line-up I regret selling, (things like the terrific 35mm f/2.0 that I got when they cost $300/ea) were my most pleasurable cameras to use.

I had decided reluctantly to re-buy the D7000 now the focus bugs are gone, but the D300 body was so much better (comfort and quality) that I figured, "Hey, if I can't get the body I want, at least I can get the AA-less 24MP sensor when the new D7100 hits in a month." Resolution in exchange for comfort.

But the body of the D7000 still nagged me so I thought, "I would really like to see how Pentax is able to massage the Sony APS sensor to produce such clean output."  I'd admired the shape and build of the K-01 and figured it would be a good introduction to the K5's capabilities (image-wise) and at $400 with a 40mm lens, it's a STEAL.  So I ordered it.

Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Pentax K-01 Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow