LiveView and Micro Adjustment
but i discoverd that my 135L on 5D mark II is correct when in phase AF, but really and always out of focus in contrast AF in LV (i tried even to use Eos Utility to have a large image of the LV and i can confirm it's out of focus)
that's strange.. any solution?
I have not heard of contrast AF yielding out of focus results
1. the 5DII will contrast AF where ever you place the green magnify rectangle. Is that placed on an appropriate AF target?
2. AF target of high contrast lines, with good light.
3. Tripod to prevent unwanted camera movement
This should match optimum manual focus with Live View 5-10X magnification. Since LV is exactly what the sensor is going to record, it is a good way to evaluate the accuracy of the AF technique without taking an image.
I suppose there could be some reason for a systematic error in contrast detect AF, but I have not heard of it?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%