Upgrading E410 to E-3 / E-5?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SelSol
SelSol Regular Member • Posts: 199
Upgrading E410 to E-3 / E-5?

Evening people,

New to the forum, and never bothered with them before but as I get more and more into my business I feel the need to get a bit more involved.

For the last three years I've been using my E-410 with the kit lens (14-42 and 40-150) and as I do property photography for an agent I also use the 9-18mm combined with the FL-36R and a cheaper slave unit with some cheap umbrellas / stands.

Now, I've always been fairly happy with the images, but my clients are now thinking about going slightly more upscale with their marketing, and I'm not sure my E-410 will really cut it.

Funds aren't exactly free flowing, so I'm looking to do this as economically as possible.  My thoughts really were to grab an E-3 body and utilise my existing lenses, and then upgrade the lenses at a later date as funds permit.  I know the SWD lenses boast ultra fast focusing, but as I do property, thats not exactly a bonus.

Really looking for anyones input, I know that putting the cheap kit lenses on an E-3 or E-5 is probably a little odd, but its only a stop gap until I can afford the higher end kit.

Is this a good idea?  Or should I can it and move over to Nikon / Canon?

To give you an idea of what work I do, here's the link to my flickr feed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51418979@N06/

Thanks in advance!

SelSol's gear list:SelSol's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +2 more
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow