OM-D ascends Mt Wood

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Wallybipster Senior Member • Posts: 1,465
Re: sunstars and m43

Chez Wimpy wrote:

We got this!

f22... yeah, I ran into this a few weeks ago shooting a sunset. Totally sapped the resolution, and when I was digging for large prints today (24x36-ish), I had to (sadly) pass on the captures. I don't know why this is with m43, maybe it is my lens selection, but I have to go as deep (or deeper) than FF to get nice sunstars across the board (7-14, 8, 14-45, ect).

Nice set, and the FE was appropriate considering the subject. I haven't used mine much this winter (mostly stick to the rectilinear UWA), but it reminds me I better to take it out before all this melts!

-- hide signature --

-CW

I noticed the same thing.  Even F18 doesn't give much of a sunstar.  It's unfortunate, but I feel like I still get enough sharpness to get a decent print (not huge mind you) out of it if I wanted to, but I've never actually tried one yet.

Wally

Wallybipster's gear list:Wallybipster's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow