DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
fuego6
fuego6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,287
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager

Stubb wrote:

It's been interesting perusing this thread. Best I can tell, Lightroom is the only application that supports both hierarchical keywording and geotagging. Or did I miss something? I don't count Aperture because it can't import/export hierarchical keywords, plus it's been three years since it received a significant update.

—Andreas

Well... that could be true if you are talking about native geotagging support.  Idimager used to support it in v5.x  but there "new" version doesn't for some odd reason - they suggest using Geosetter.  Now, I don't have an issue using 3rd party tools that do a better job than a software's tool - but Geosetter still doesn't have a way to only show the images that you select and open the software with.  They are highlighted so you can work on only that set - but if you accidently do something to that set (or need to individually work on the images for different locations) - poof - you see all the images in that folder.

To me - that is a major misstep to the 3rd party and the reason why I only use LR now for my DAM... one stop shopping that works pretty fast and has good tools.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow