Mini -> external fusion -> Cinema display?
Question: I'm considering a configuration with a Mac Mini that uses my 5 year old 30" Cinema display and I'm unsure whether it will work or not.
- Mac Mini has a single Thunderbolt port which can be used with the "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter" to connect to a Cinema Display.
- I know I can connect the Thunderbolt port to an external Lacie 2big Thunderbolt series external drive (e.g 4/6/8 TB).
The question is, can I use the second Thunderbolt port on the Lacie with a "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter" from the Lacie to the Cinema Display?
Mini ---Thunderbolt cable-->Lacie Drive ---Mini Dual Link DVI adapter---> Cinema display
If I use the "Mini Displayport to Dual-Link DVI adapter" from the mini directly to the Cinema display, I've used up my only thunderbolt port on the Mini and cannot use an external Thunderbolt drive. (yes I know USB 3.0 external drive is an option)
Thanks in advance.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%