Mini -> external fusion -> Cinema display?
Question: I'm considering a configuration with a Mac Mini that uses my 5 year old 30" Cinema display and I'm unsure whether it will work or not.
- Mac Mini has a single Thunderbolt port which can be used with the "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter" to connect to a Cinema Display.
- I know I can connect the Thunderbolt port to an external Lacie 2big Thunderbolt series external drive (e.g 4/6/8 TB).
The question is, can I use the second Thunderbolt port on the Lacie with a "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter" from the Lacie to the Cinema Display?
Mini ---Thunderbolt cable-->Lacie Drive ---Mini Dual Link DVI adapter---> Cinema display
If I use the "Mini Displayport to Dual-Link DVI adapter" from the mini directly to the Cinema display, I've used up my only thunderbolt port on the Mini and cannot use an external Thunderbolt drive. (yes I know USB 3.0 external drive is an option)
Thanks in advance.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|