APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sovern Contributing Member • Posts: 907
Re: APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

MAC wrote:

Sovern wrote:

MAC wrote:

Sovern wrote:

The crop is not as good as qianp2k's (the one you posted looks very hazy looks like digital zoom).

I try to get shots right the first time around so I have no need for 200% crops but I'm sure that a 30D/40D can crop just as well as the 60D if you account in the loss of clarity from the pixel density of the 60D series sensors.

a forum's trained eyes sees there is not sharpness issues with 18mpxl canon crop cameras. I owned both a 30d and 40d. I like my 60d and T4i much better

I don't see how you can like a T4i better. Theres no way that I can ever go back to a plastic Rebel after using a prosumer body. The ergonomics and nice build quality are worth extra mega pixels to me.

love my T4i. It is my oly omd - instead. my camera for video too with adobe premiere. It is my 3rd camera that I can have on me. If you ever shoot events for serious money - you'll need at least two - but three is my standard - since I lost a shutter once - and don't trust just two - if two shutters go - it has happened. When I get my 2nd FF, the 60d will be sold. The light weight T4i stays as my 3rd event camera and my travel in a coat pocket camera - probably until it breaks

Why not just use a cheap video camera for video? I used to be into shooting video (would like to get back into it for events/weddings eventually) and a dedicated camcorder seems like it would make more sense and produce better video and have better ergonomics designed just for video. I've seen some of the new Canon/Sony $700 camcorders and they have an excellent built in lens from the looks of it and were built just for video.

I don't know I guess if it was me instead of spending $600 on a T4i body that will be used for video I'd just buy a dedicated camcorder.

I could never go back to a Rebel for photography though. After the shutter on my xsi went I knew that they were not built to be up to the task for shooting up and over 1,000 photos a week or for speed.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow