APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 13,825
Re: APS-C IMAGE QUALITY VS fULL fRAME AT TESTING

schmegg wrote:

I still say tee it up with equivalence concepts that we both know -- at the same distance with the 70-200 f2.8 II

7d at 100 mm f2.8. 5dc at 160 mm at f4.5. put a resolution chart out there.

and let's see the line pairs on the resolution chart

It would be interesting. But it would also be difficult to ascertain how much of the difference was due to the optical differences of the lenses - and because of this, it's not really a good test in terms of determining "system resolution".

I'm talking same lens.

Same great lens.  I can't afford that lens

But I have the 70-200 F2.8L which is a great lens also.

So - I think I'll do the test this weekend when I get the chance since it would be interesting 

Keeping Everything with the Two Systems The Same as much as possible...

Systems must be compared as much as possible with SAME, SAME, SAME - or you'll go insane 

5dc and 60d will be kept SAME distance and with the same fov and dof and the detailed subject presented to the different sensors with the Same Lens -- thinking of a detailed map with bills on each corner and in the center

70-200L @ F4.5 with 5dc and set at 160 mm SAME Shutter Speed on tripod, mirror lockup, RAW, zero on the LR sharpening slider, with iso set (1.6x1.6) higher on my 5dc than my 60d.

70-200L @ F2.8 with 60d and set at 100 mm (for same FOV) SAME Shutter Speed on tripod, mirror lockup, RAW, zero on the LR sharpening slider, with iso preferably at base

Magnify on PC and compare results in the center and the 4 corners

This will resolve the discussion - at least for this lens!  Agree?  

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MAC
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MOD schmegg
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow