The power of the powershot

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP peter42y Senior Member • Posts: 2,201
Re: Try to match this V1 landscape image with a 1/2.3 sensor! (pic)

jonikon wrote:

peter42y wrote:

Over and over again I have read that small sensor cameras cannot be compared with cameras with sensors several times larger.

I will show you 2 pictures.

They were not shot at the same time but they are pictures of the same place.

One is taken with 1/2.3 sensor.

the other taken with a sensor several times larger.

Look here

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7331342952/albums/the-power-of-powershot

I don't know where those images came from, (no EXIF), but both of those images you provided are poor, and nothing like I get with my Nikon V1, which is better than any of the tiny 1/2.3 sensor sensor cameras I have ever used.

Posts like yours are suspect, so I challenge you to match the IQ of this scene I shot myself with a Nikon V1 with one of your own, (with EXIF included), taken with a 1/2.3 sensor camera.

(Hint: Use the loupe feature on the edges of the image to check the impressive sharpness across the frame and the street sign in the center bottom!)

Good luck!

- Jon

You are saying I am not honest.

I will post e

JPEG file

Let me remind you jon that usually only dishonest people  doubt the honesty of others . In this threatr I posted the link to a picture of my V1  ( and bag ).  I have in the V1 board several shots taken with the V1.  But despite that , you say my posts are suspect.

Suspect why ? You claim I do not own the V1 ?

Just check the V1 board.

here is the original v1 picture .

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon IXUS 310 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow